Studio Policies and Procedures
San Diego Danceworks Studio Policies and Procedures
- Tuition is calculated on the entire dance year (September-June) and is the same each month, including those shortened by Danceworks holidays/closures or student absences. There are no refunds for tuition, costume or Recital fees.
- As a courtesy to our students, classes missed can be made up. Students may make up classes by coming to the same class that meets on another day or by exploring a different style of dance. Family members may also use a make-up to try a class. Students must be enrolled to make up a class. Make-up classes must be taken within 30 days of the missed class. Please consult with the office to schedule your make-up classes. Classes that are currently wait listed are not available for make-up or trial classes.
- If you wish to drop enrollment from a dance class, please submit a drop request in writing 30 days prior to dropping the class. Administrative email: email@example.com
- All accounts will be set up for auto-pay in the Jack Rabbit portal. All accounts must have credit card information on file for billing purposes. Tuition is posted to the Jack Rabbit family account on the 1st of each month. Auto-pay occurs on the 5th of the month. You are welcome to go into your Jack Rabbit portal and make tuition payments prior to the 5th of the month. For accounting purposes, Jack Rabbit is our preferred method of payment. If paying by cash or check, please put the exact amount in an envelope, with the name of the student and what the payment is for. A $15.00 late fee will be assessed if tuition is not paid on or before the 5th. If the cash or check payment is not received by the 5th tuition will be auto-debited.
- The first class at San Diego Danceworks is complimentary. New student’s fees will be pro-rated for the first month of classes only.
- Registration and enrollment continues throughout the year. After May 1st, class availability is limited due to preparations for our June recital. New students pay their $30.00 annual registration fee when enrolling in classes. (Annual registration fees paid in the months of May through August will not be due again until September of the following year.) The $30 annual registration fee for returning students is due by September 5th of every year and will be auto-debited with your tuition.
- San Diego Danceworks produces two performances a year; in December and in June. The Recital fee is $50.00 per performance and per family. The fee includes 2 adult tickets to the performance. The June recital fee also includes 1 student entry and an adult chaperone to the San Diego County Fair performance. The $50.00 recital fee for the December performance will be added to your JackRabbit portal by October 1st and auto debited from your account with tuition on October 5th. The $50.00 recital fee for the June performance will be added to your Jack Rabbit portal by January 1st, and auto debited with tuition on January 5th.
- The costume fee for the December performance will be added to your JackRabbit portal by September 20 and will be auto debited on September 25th. The costume fee for the June performance will be added to your Jack Rabbit portal by February 1st, and auto debited with tuition on February 5th. Costume fees range in price from $50.00-$80.00.
- Dancers participating in the Summer Recital and the San Diego County Fair are committed to staying enrolled and responsible for monthly tuition March thru June. Once costumes are ordered there are no refunds.
No Food or Drink in the studio. Water bottles only. No Gum Chewing
- To create an atmosphere conducive to learning, teachers require focus and respect from students. Students are expected to refrain from talking that is not related to the teacher’s lesson plan, and to mute cell phones and leave them in their bags during class time. San Diego Danceworks faculty are dedicated to creating the best learning environment possible for all of our students. All students must respect the structure and teaching style of all instructors.
- Please arrive to class, in proper dance attire, 5 minutes before class start time. Entering class after it has begun is disruptive to the teacher and other students, so if your child is tardy, please advise him/her to enter class quickly and quietly.
- Danceworks is an eco-friendly small business. We value recycling. Please make sure you properly dispose of recyclable items when in the studio.
- Boys: comfortable sportswear with appropriate undergarments and shoes for all dance styles.
- Ballet I/II, Tap/Ballet I/II: pink ballet slippers; black tap shoes; leotards, leotards with skirts, tights or skirts are optional; solid color; hair pulled back off the face.
- Tap/Jazz attire: tap shoes; jazz shoes; tight fitting jazz pants or tight fitting leggings; tights with knit/tight fitting shorts; solid colored tank top or leotard; hair up tight and off the face.
- Teen/Ballet : pink ballet slippers, pointe shoes; pink or tan tights with a leotard or tight fitting tank top that fully covers the body (black); ballet skirt or knit/tight fitting shorts black or pink; warm-ups (for example leg warmers, sweaters/wraps can be worn at the beginning of class), no baggy clothes such as sweatshirts or sweat pants; hair in a bun and bangs tied back out of the face.
- Adults ballet attire: ballet slippers; tight fitting clothes such as yoga or jazz pants are recommended.
- Gymnastics/Acrobatics: Turning shoes, tight fitting clothes, tights are not required but must be footless or transition tights if worn. No skirts. Hair up tight and off of face.
- Modern/Contemporary Attire: barefoot or turning shoes; tights or tight fitting leggings with a leotard or tank top (any color, unless color is specified by the instructor); knit/tight fitting shorts; hair up tight and off the face.
- Hip Hop Attire: loose fitting street clothes; sneakers are mandatory.
- Jazz Attire: jazz shoes (consult teacher on style and color); jazz pants or tight fitting leggings; tights with knit/tight fitting shorts; tank top or leotard; hair up tight and off the face.
- Tap Attire: tap shoes (consult teacher on the style and color), socks are recommended for comfort; comfortable athletic wear.
- San Diego Danceworks has a tap shoe exchange program. Exchange your used shoes for another used pair, or you may buy a used pair for $10.00.
- Please bring all personal items, in a sealable bag. Loose items are liable to get lost, or picked up by another student.
- Please label all personal items, dance wear including dance shoes with child’s name in permanent ink.
- We will donate unclaimed/unlabeled items at the end of each month. Please do not bring valuable items to the studio.